Looking for business ideas in Chennai and want to start a business in Chennai with low investment but you don’t have ideas for how to start a successful business?
In this article, we find the best business ideas for Chennai city for your startup business.
Chennai is one of the best places in India to start a business and earn huge profits. As Chennai is a developing city more people come forward to start their own profitable business.
So what are you waiting for? Check out these unique and hot new business ideas in Chennai.
50+ Business Ideas in Chennai
Here are the business ideas in Chennai that you can use for your startup.
Online Business Through Instagram
Apart from using a website, social media can be a means to open your online business. One of them can sell fruit.
Instagram is a social media platform for this type of business. The reason is, it is able to display product photos and videos more attractively.
To run this online business, the first step is to create a business Instagram account. The goal is to build the credibility of your business. Then, optimize your profile so that users can get complete information about your business.
Don’t forget to keep posting interesting content with various special offers such as free delivery in certain areas or certain days. If necessary, occasionally you need to advertise it, according to your budget and target market.
Selling Website Templates
Apart from opening a website creation service, you can use your coding skills to build other online businesses. Namely, selling website themes.
As you know, currently the most popular platforms for blogs / websites are WordPress and Blogger . Unfortunately, the default theme that is provided is sometimes not as needed, especially for business websites. As a result, many users are looking for alternative themes.
This can be a promising online business opportunity.
To sell these themes, you can use a marketplace like Themeforest or Templatemonster . Of course, your product must be able to compete in foreign markets.
Selling Handmade Products
The next online business idea is to sell handmade products. Typically, ya , people are willing to pay more if the product sold is unique and does not exist anywhere else. So, you can set a selling price higher than the average price on the market.
To optimize costs and benefits, there’s nothing wrong with building a small shop using enough space at home. Buy products in bulk. Then set target consumers for ease of product design.
The Bario Neal website can be used as inspiration if you want to know the right way to promote and sell products on the internet. This simple online shop has managed to keep its customers over the long term.
Sites like Etsy , eBay , and even social media platforms, such as Instagram, can be marketing tools to promote a business or small business. Even so, it will be more convenient and easier if you have your own online store . You have more power over the brand used and you don’t have to pay additional fees that are usually charged by third parties.
For those who are starting a business from home for the first time, can look for ideas and learn many things in online courses like Udemy .
Video Game Development
The rapidly growing video game industry could be the best home business opportunity for you to make a lot of money.
Just like app development, there are many softwares that allow beginners to create video games without having to master programming first, for example Unity and GameMaker: Studio .
Good video games must have interesting gameplay and challenges that make players even more tempted to continue playing. It would be great if you included a storyline as well.
You can make a simple game, like Dots , or a more complex and complex one, like Clash of Clans .
App development can be a very tempting online business idea for beginners, right? Create a free game app that anyone can download and add in-app purchases. For example, create some premium features that will help players achieve their goals. Well , this premium feature can only be accessed if it has been purchased.
Enter game apps to the Play Store, App Store, or Stream to reach more players.
Work As an Online Assistant (Virtual Assistant)
The online assistant’s job is the same as any other assistant. The only thing that distinguishes it is the place of work. Because it can be done at home, online assistants can be unique and interesting online business ideas, you know .
You will be responsible for handling administrative tasks submitted by clients, such as replying to emails, arranging appointments, making spreadsheets automated, and so on.
Not only blogs and websites, online assistants are also required to have a ‘niche’ in order to facilitate the focus of the area and market. For example, Miranda Hassen offers digital marketing services for creative entrepreneurs.
You could say, there is almost nothing that limits online assistant space. Some clients will even ask for your help in managing their online store, social media, to their website. This job can be used as an opportunity to study various fields. Great , right?
Create CVs and resumes online and feature them in job-specific marketplaces, such as Upwork . Our advice, online special portfolio websites because they can support the professional side and also make you superior to competitors.
Companies are always looking for their business to reach more of their potential clients, and you can provide that. You don’t need an expensive marketing degree to get into this line of work. If you follow the casino88 affiliate marketing route , the company itself will either provide you with a product you have to sell or an operation you have to advertise, so almost no of your own money is involved.
However, you can also use digital marketing, which involves very little investment as companies are always looking for digital marketers to be able to provide search engine friendly (SEO) marketing copy and can convert website visitors into actual customers. You can provide this service from the comfort of your own home, provided you have an internet connection and a computer.
Online Market Seller
Becoming an online marketplace assistant or seller is akin to being a marketing affiliate, with a difference than marketing a company’s products; You sell it directly to customers online. Online marketplaces such as eBay and Alibaba feature this option, and do not require any personal investment of your own, just understanding the company’s product directory.
For every product you sell, you will get a commission from the income generated. While this option may sound appealing, it has its drawbacks. Due to the scammers selling fake products, people hesitate to order anything online.
While every business venture you start does require some funding, offering services to people does not entail any investment costs. There are many services that you can perform and get paid for without having to become an expert in the skills as described below.
- Bookkeeping Services : If you are good at numbers, then you don’t need to be a Certified Public Accountant (CPO) to become a freelance bookkeeper. Many small startup companies usually can’t afford high-end accountants, so they usually choose freelance bookkeepers and, contrary to popular belief, they offer hefty salaries. You can provide this service from the comfort of your own home, and it costs almost no investment other than buying some supplies.
- Recruitment Services : Many small businesses are looking for new employees, and you can start your company to provide recruitment services to other companies. You only need a database of potential candidates looking for work and must match them with companies you think are a good fit for them. Often candidates promise their first income or a portion of their income for several months to the person providing the recruiting service, and it also involves little or no investment costs.
Boutique Business in Chennai
For fashionable entrepreneurs abroad, consider opening your boutique. Although this is one of the small business ideas on our list that requires an initial budget, it can be fun and successful if you find the right inventory and the right market.
Competing against large clothing retailers can be challenging, but if you can find a specific niche, such as starting a T-shirt business or a local store, you can use your creativity to stand out among other options. Use another general one there.
Steps to start a clothing Boutique in Chennai
- Decide on the type of boutique you want to start
- Decide on a USP Store – the purpose of your business
- Decide what clothes to wear and who to sell to
- Determine the source of business financing
- Look for a place where you can find your store
- Decide where to find the origin of the clothing
- Decide on a price
- Decide on the shape of the store
- Determine the operating procedures for your store
- Legalize the business
- Hire the right staff
- Make a marketing plan
- Buy everything you need
- Write down your business plan
- Plan a good opening
What are the costs involved in opening a boutique business?
The exact cost of opening a clothing boutique varies according to your size and location. Some boutique veteran owners recommend starting with nothing less than $ 50,000 in cash, while others say $ 150,000 or even $ 200,000 is more worth it.
Small Breakfast Business in Chennai
Do you live in an interesting tourist destination? Does your home have a guest house, a mother complex, or even just a spare bedroom? Do you love cooking and entertaining guests?
In this case, one of the best small business ideas might be to turn your home into your B&B. Several businesses in Chennai have made your home marketable for travellers in need, and you may even find new friends along the way.
How to Start a Breakfast Business
1. Obtain the required license and registration.
2. Find out where to sell your vacations.
3. Create a menu.
4. Use prices.
5. Research vendors.
6. Find the equipment needed.
7. Release the voice.
Catering Service Business in Chennai
If you are a professional chef but tired of breaking into a restaurant, starting a catering service is a great opportunity to enter the world of self-employment.
To start a commercial kitchen, you need a part-time server staff and a married assistant cook. But compared to opening your restaurant, the cost of overtime to set up and run a catering company is much more manageable.
How to start a catering business
Create a Resources inventory
Write down the things you will need to start tasting. The inventory you have and what equipment you will need to purchase. For example, your current dishwasher may not be capable of washing enough dishes to suit your business or you may need to purchase a separate fridge. You will also need dishwashing, dishwasher, cooling and hot storage systems.
Discover Market Niche
Find the niche of the market that the competition ignores or feels you can surpass. As a freshman for the choir, you may not have the capacity to eat a wedding dinner for 100 guests but you can prepare for wedding shows, engagement parties, and bachelorette parties well. Determine the menu for serving food clients. Research what your competitors offer.
Check to see which local restaurants offer restaurant services. Support the menu with your unique features and what your market demands. Buy stuff to stay competitive but make a profit. The price is always challenging and it is determined by where you live, the time it takes to prepare a meal, the cost of ingredients and the profit margin you plan to achieve.
Establish Customer Relationships
Find vendors. “Cooking is better than cooking,” said Denise Vivaldo, in her book, “How to Start a Catering Home Business.” Frequency of cotton is expected to provide lamps, china, glassware, utensils – and even tables and chairs for specific events – and food. Research providers in your area ahead of time.
Organize Your Business
Create a business plan that includes the additional investment you will need to start within the first 3 months of funding and expenses. Obtain the required licenses. You will need a business license from the state and possibly from the city and home where you live.
Licenses and permits
The County or state health department will inspect your kitchen for safety and see if it meets your health requirements. Most residential kitchens do not. Plan to expand or retrieve a kitchen that has already been inspected. A restaurant that only serves dinner may allow you to use the kitchen for hours of rent.
A food management license will be required. The Chamber of Commerce or the Small Business Development Center can help you determine which license is required.
Focus on Marketing
Establish a marketing plan to reach your potential customers. Name them business cards, stationery and brochures. Make a few of your signature dishes and take pictures of the brochure and your website. Or planning a small cooking business most people use the Internet to compare in-store.
Its services are amazing these days. If you’re good at IT, you can start your own business.
Some of the solutions for starting small businesses are: –
- Web Design
- Investment Advisor
- Compatible Fund Agent
- Why start this business
- High-speed internet is available to everyone.
All of these businesses can be started from an online platform such as social media, blog or website.
How to start these businesses
Find a catchy name and buy a domain. All of these businesses are like blogging. You will need a complete digital marketing plan and money to make that program. You can also choose some free advertising ideas. But make sure you have all the necessary skills and expertise to provide your services for the money.
Blogging is something completely different from these websites. They will hire you, and you have to work for them if you want to make money from your buyers. No one will just pay you for the information. So start to achieve the required level of expertise in your area.
First budget to start these businesses
You do not need a large amount and according to new policies if you earn less than 5 lakhs a year, then you do not need some government approval. In simple terms, the government will not charge you any price in the form of Income-tax. The initial budget is something of 30,000 INR or less to make these assumptions.
If you are a woman and want to start a small service to provide child labour it is a good idea. It will be beneficial to big cities where women work and often look for these types of services.
Why start this business
Most moms are hired, and they need someone to look after the apple of their eyes.
In Chennai recruitment is increasing and talent is gaining equal importance regardless of gender.
How to start this business
Determine a particular age group and group things accordingly. Start a marketing campaign on how they can rely on your service. But make sure you get your state licenses and permits.
Startup budget to start this business
If you want to set up your agency or company, you need an amount of about 1 lakh, and there is no cost to provide one-to-one or home service.
Starting a small grocery store in India is a great business idea as the population increases and the purchasing power of the average person increases, so the grocery store is a great business place.
As they grow more economically and grow economically, people choose to shop in those smaller retail outlets, where they are treated in large retail outlets with well-stocked shelves where AC is completely comfortable. Daily needs products like milk, cereals, dip, meat, cleaning supplies, and more are systematically organized with their price tags and vendors on their toes.
So if you have an idea for a grocery business used to open a Kirana store or shiny new restaurant then keep learning to find out how to start, manage, and grow one to earn the right profit and make the most out of your hard-earned investment.
How To Start A Small Business Food Store
- Write a Business Plan
- Target market
- Choose the correct location
- Business planning costs
- Completion of Legal Entities and obtaining approved licenses
- Distribution of Goods
- Sales staff
- Get your GST registered business
- Get your Business Online
- Profit and future income
Maid Business Ideas in Chennai
In all developed cities, the lack of young men remains a problem whether it is Chennai, Bangalore etc.
Too many families are struggling and have to do all the housework.
But now, most girls, women are doing the work and it is impossible for them to do household chores and work.
And when they have a baby the problem gets worse.
You can understand it too.
And when there is a problem, there is also a business opportunity. you can use this problem and turn it into a full-time or part-time profitable business in Chennai.
You can hire male and female. Men can also do homework. They can also bring the necessary food items when needed.
Reason for working on these business ideas in the city of Chennai:
- Girls and women also do the work, they don’t get time for homework.
- Very few girls are available.
- Low competition means you can take a higher percentage of profits.
- Steps to start this profitable business in Chennai:
- Visit the undeveloped city, a small village and valley near Chennai. There you can easily find them.
- In case you don’t get a maid. Afterwards, give a job to any poor and unemployed person, I’m sure they would readily agree.
- You can easily find a website builder through Chennai. You will charge about Rs 3000 to 7,000.
- The website will help you find your client service maid easily.
- You do not need to know how to use a website.
- Here the price and function of the maid will be listed, It will help you avoid simple questions.
- Make an advertisement for your website, It will help you find the client more easily.
- You can use digital media (google AdWords, Facebook ad, Instagram ad).
- You can also use the traditional method such as newspaper ad, pamphlet, magazine, etc.
- In case you have a low budget. Then write a WhatsApp message and tell your friend to share the situation and send it yourself. you can visit the site and request your service.
Investment Required for Maid Service Business is near about Rs 6000.
Who doesn’t love an animal? look at this cute kitten. Everyone has a dream of making a pet. This is one of the most profitable business ideas.
Pet business ideas in Chennai
People treat the animal as a member of their family. They also love getting their pet trained and visiting the doctor daily. therefore, that their animal did not get any kind of disease.
Most people find it a status symbol. people are willing to spend money on animals easily. Because they are emotionally attached to them.
Reason for working on these business ideas in Chennai city:
- Popular with almost everyone.
- Dogs are used for safety purposes. In developed cities, there are too many thieves.
- It wouldn’t leave you feeling lonely.
Pets that you can easily sell are:
- Dog (popular with humans)
- The cat
- Bird (especially peas, dove)
- Hamster (A type of large mouse known as pahadi chuha) etc.
- Pet food
- House for pets.
- Animal accessories etc.
Steps to start this profitable business with Chennai:
- Search for a good store location. Open a store, create a website and online.
- There are very few I can say that 2 or 3 companies sell an animal online. So it’s a golden opportunity.
- Contact the dealers first and buy those animals that have more demand in your area.
- Make an ad.
- You can use digital media (google AdWords, Facebook ad, Instagram ad). It will help in the growth of the business at a faster rate than any other.
You can also use traditional methods such as newspaper ads, pamphlets, magazines, etc.
Blogging requires a few initial costs or sometimes no cost. You need to plant a domain name and host. As far as promoting affordable and unlimited online costs are required.
Why You Should Start Blogging
You can write your blog from anywhere at any time. This makes it one of the best private businesses anyone can do without their job or study.
Once you get a position, there is money available for this particular business. You can find advertising, Google Adsense and by selling your product.
It does not require technical expertise to start blogging.
How To Start Blogging
You can start blogging right away from your computer or laptop. You can start with your smartphone. Getting started is easy, but the hard part is starting well. See thou to it. find one thing you can share with others. Configure your future student’s negative profile of what kind of education they may have, where they can read your blog, etc.
Analyze and finally research other websites and blogs that convey the same information. Now write down how you can provide that information differently. Now is the time to post articles on your website or blog. Promote your blog with social participation. Everything will be easier after you get the momentum.
Preliminary Budget to Start
You don’t need a lot of money. At 10,000 INR or less you can start an amazing blog.
An event management business is a fast-growing business. If a good network exists and you can move things faster, this can be a very good idea for small businesses. There are good business ideas with low investment and high profits.
Why start this business
People don’t have time to organize their team because of the rapid pace of urban development. They will hire you to save time and enjoy the event completely.
Groups are organized on a large scale.
How to start this business
Like many other businesses listed here, you need to get a license from the government. If you join a certificate course and receive a certificate from a recognized institution, it will improve your position in the market. You need a complete marketing plan too to be successful.
Startup budget to start this business
You can start your event management business with 35,000 INR or less.
For those who have something to say or important stories to tell, you may want to start a podcast business. With the popularity of newspaper podcasts and other provider media, private individuals have been able to go through an upward trend – turning entertainment into a very broad business.
Podcasting requires some initial investment in audio equipment and editing software, but once you get started, you can speak, produce, and market your podcasts just as quickly.
Also, if you are particularly interested in the business idea of online business, podcasting can be done at home and completely online.
How to Start a Successful Podcast
To start a podcast, at least, you need to:
- Come up with an idea (title, name, format and target length for each episode).
- Draw creativity and write a definition for your “brand” podcast.
- Record and edit your audio files (such as .MP3s). Recommended microphone (more on later equipment).
- Find a place to host (such as a podcast host file, such as Libyan or Podbean).
- Sync these audio files to so-called “RSS feeds” for distribution through iTunes and downloaded or distributed on any demand system.
How does podcasting work?
Podcasts can be played in one of two ways.
The first one to stream or download a podcast from an RSS feed can be to a feed reader such as Feedly or to the blog/website itself where the podcast is hosted or hosted.
These business ideas are not only profitable in Chennai but also in other cities or states of India like Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, Delhi, etc.
Other Business ideas in Chennai with Small Capital
Here are the some business that you can use in Chennai with small capital:
- Opening a Handmade Gift Shop – Today we often come across personal requests for making gifts. Maybe you should think about starting your own gift shop that provides a variety of gifts.
- Gym or Fitness Center – Nowadays everyone in the world is disturbed by fitness, so opening a gym or fitness center may be a good choice.
- Event Organizer – Starting a small company to organize events can be a good idea but it may take some special skills and manpower for the same here
- Interior Designer – Everyone nowadays needs the services of an interior designer. So starting a designer business might be the best deal. But remember, here you need special skills.
- Small Grocery Store l – Starting a small grocery store is another good idea that doesn’t require any special skills and you may start from a small shop and gradually expand as needed
- Wedding Planner – This business is now even more interesting to live in. The busyness of people makes them not have time to plan a wedding or celebrate a wedding. You are needed with a myriad of unique ideas to make a wedding very good and valuable
- Class of Study – Education is very important today so the education business will never stop
- Mobile Phone Shops – Today everyone needs a cell phone and seeing the demand for mobile phones that is increasing so starting a small cell phone shop is a good investment idea.
- Ice Cream – Selling ice cream is one good business idea starting with a fairly small budget
- Mobile Food Stores – Today we live in a mobile generation where buying food can be done using a smartphone. So starting a mobile food store can be an excellent business idea.
- Jewelry Maker – With the increasing demand for gold jewelry prices, this can be a business idea.
- Bookbinding – Some campuses or universities at present may not have this facility, so this could be a good business potential in the area.
- Insurance Consultant – Starting out as a small insurance consultant or becoming an insurance agent is another good business idea.
- Freelancers – If you are good at programming, there are several sites available that can give you freelance work and you will get paid for the work.
- Bookstores – Book lovers always buy a few books, so it can come up with an idea to start an attractive bookstore
- Catering Services – For weddings and parties people are always looking for catering services. If you are good at providing delicious types of food, this could be another good business idea
- Computer Trainer – If you are good at computers, computer training can be a good business idea considering knowing computers is a must in today’s world
- Yoga Center – In this time of stressful life, many people prefer to go for Yoga.
- Real Estate Consultants – Real Estate is growing. Many people need a house, but sometimes because of their busy life they don’t have time to choose. Starting a consulting business is one such business idea to provide guidance on buying, selling and renting real estate
- Babysitting Services – This business idea is specifically for women looking to start a home based business. Many spouses of workers may need this kind of service.
- Games – The current generation loves playstations and games so opening a business where online and offline games are the best business idea
- Photographer – If you are good at photography, start this business with a cheap investment from home.
- Motivational Speaker – If you have skills as a motivational speaker, this can be turned into a business opportunity
- Travel Agency – Starting a travel agency is a good business opportunity with low investment
- Computer Stores – If you have IT knowledge, opening a business in this field can be a business opportunity such as a computer shop
- Relaxation Center – In a stressful life today relaxation is a must and people are always looking for a choice of recreation center or relaxation center.
- Enterprise Courier – You can become a company courier and make it a small business or start your own courier company
- Secondhand Goods Agents – Many people have a need for used goods. Making use of it can be an endeavor.
- Recruitment Agency – Jobs today are a requirement for anyone and people usually opt for recruitment companies to get good jobs or workers.
- Security Agency (Security) – With the increasing need for security, you can start as an agent looking for Security for both Personal and Corporate
- Advertising Agency – Starting an advertising agency is one business opportunity that can be used as a field to make money
- Web Design and Hosting – If you have knowledge of various IT and programming languages, you can choose to pursue a career as a web designer.
- Online Blog – If you have a good knowledge of the content creation field, you can start an online blog and earn money.
- Antique Stores – Today many people believe that keeping antique statues at home is a symbol of fashion, so opening an antique shop is a good business option
- Fast Food Places – The current generation mostly likes to eat fast food.
- Data Entry Services – Many companies today make money doing data entry jobs
- Resume Writer – As a resume writer, many people are currently engaged in earning money
- SEO Consultants – Search Engine Optimization Consultants are required by most of all websites for their website to appear on the first page.
- Packing and Moving – You can start a packing and moving business
- The Milk Room – This is more commonly referred to as the milk house, whose business is serving the needs of dairy products and milk sweets
FAQ on Business Ideas in Chennai:
Here are some frequently asked questions on Business ideas in Chennai:
Which business is best to start in Chennai?
There are many business ideas that you can start in Chennai or any part of India. Among the best business ideas to start in Chennai are mentioned in this article.
Few other profitable businesses in Chennai will be import and export business, Wedding Planner, SEO Expert, Clothing Store or a Fancy Store, etc.
Which business is more profitable in Chennai?
Talking about the profitable businesses in Chennai, there are countless business ideas that you can think of but profitable ones as per my opinion in this era will be Blogging, Online Store of Clothing, and other accessories, Maid Services, Tour and Travel, etc.
What business can I start in Chennai with low investment?
There are several business ideas that you can start with low investment. All you need is to choose the right ideas. Go through the articles there are several business ideas that you can start with low investment.
Other than these low investment business you can start in Chennai are as follows:
- Fast Food Parlour
- Health DrinksIce Dish & Soda Shop
- Courier Shop
- Laundry Shop
- Candle Making
I hope you find all these business ideas useful, check out the business ideas that you can in other states and cities of India other than Chennai:
- Business Ideas in Lucknow: Top 35 Profitable Opportunities
- 30 Best Small Business Ideas in Hyderabad For Your Profitable Startup
Thanks for reading this article on business ideas in Chennai.