Want to start a Kpop store then here you will find the complete guide on how you can start a Kpop store business. If you live in a city that has a lot of Kpop fans but there is no Kpop store and everyone buys their Kpop albums and related items online then it is a very profitable option to start.
If you are thinking about how to start a Kpop store and if are there multiple ways to obtain a store then all your questions will be answered here.
🤔 What is Kpop?
K-pop, short for Korean pop music, is a genre of popular music originating from South Korea. It covers various musical styles, including pop, hip-hop, R&B, and electronic dance music.
K-pop goes beyond just music, it is a combination of singing, dancing, and visually appealing aesthetics. And because K-pop influences fashion, beauty trends, and entertainment in general, many people demand items related to K-pop.
Starting this KPop store business is quite profitable in every country such as the USA, Canada, and Brazil, and mostly in well-developed cities.
K-pop fans can not be separated from merchandise about their idol. Even though some items are not cheap, these fans don’t hesitate to spend more. This provides a huge opportunity to open a business in the merchandising field. Before starting to run this business, check out how to get started with business merchandising for beginners.
Steps on How to Start a KPop Store
Running a K-Pop store business will generate up to millions of dollars in profits every month. You can get K-Pop merchandise in two ways, namely ordering directly to the country of origin, and producing goods that “smell” of K-Pop itself.
The following is an explanation of how to start a K-pop store business so that you can get a decent profit.
1. List of Items for Kpop Store
Before starting this business, research the most popular types of goods among K-Poppers. This is very important to do so that you can list the priority types of goods that you should always have in your store. The results of this research can also be used to determine future marketing strategies.
Also, you should ask yourself a question, who is your target customer? Whether it is a girl or a boy or both. This helps you easily understand what items you should sell and why.
Apart from this, it would help if you always spent some time on new trends to be updated about new releases and launches so you don’t miss any of the fans of K-pop, this way you can easily increase your sales after your business is established.
Here is the list of items you can consider:
- Albums: Physical copies of albums from popular K-pop groups and artists.
- Official Merchandise: Authenticated merchandise such as T-shirts, hoodies, hats, and other apparel with the logos or images of favorite K-pop groups.
- Posters: High-quality posters featuring K-pop idols or promotional visuals.
- Light Sticks: Official light sticks for fan events and concerts.
- Photocards: Collectible photo cards are often included with albums.
- Fashion Accessories: K-pop-inspired jewelry, keychains, and accessories.
- Stationery: Notebooks, pens, and other stationery with K-pop themes.
- Phone Accessories: K-pop-themed phone cases, pop sockets, and phone charms.
- Plushies and Dolls: Stuffed animals or dolls representing K-pop idols.
- K-pop DVDs and Blu-rays: Concert DVDs, reality show DVDs, or behind-the-scenes footage.
- Fan Art Prints: Prints of fan-created artwork featuring K-pop idols.
- K-pop Magazines and Books: Publications that cover the latest news, interviews, and features on K-pop.
- K-pop Games and Puzzles: Board games, puzzles, or card games inspired by K-pop.
- Cosplay Items: Costumes and accessories for fans who enjoy dressing up as their favorite idols.
- Subscription Boxes: Monthly boxes with a mix of K-pop merchandise, including exclusive items.
- K-pop Postcards and Greeting Cards: Collectible postcards or greeting cards featuring K-pop stars.
- K-pop Beauty Products: Makeup and skincare products endorsed or inspired by K-pop idols.
- Event Tickets: If applicable, offer tickets for K-pop concerts, fan meetings, or events.
- K-pop-themed Home Decor: Wall art, pillows, and other home decor items featuring K-pop designs.
- Online Streaming Subscriptions: Consider partnering with streaming services for access to exclusive content.
Remember to stay updated on the latest trends and releases in the K-pop industry to ensure your store remains relevant and appealing to fans.
2. Look for A Reliable Supplier to Start a Kpop Store
Trusted suppliers are very important in this business because they are the ones who provide the material for the K-pop business. One of the easiest ways to find out if a supplier is trustworthy is by looking at its stored data. Suppliers must have a clear and complete address, and have a phone number that is easy to contact.
Good suppliers have a fast response when handling goods orders, including when serving customer complaints. It would be better if the supplier had customer complaint service 24 hours daily.
Trusted suppliers have accounts on social media containing goods and materials to sell along with tests from previous buyers. You can do a trial run when choosing a supplier in this K-Pop merchandising business. Try ordering some of the items or ingredients to see if it’s honest. This method is also used to determine the accuracy of delivery.
When doing testing, buy a product or material that is inexpensive to avoid big losses if the supplier doesn’t send your order.
3. Place for storage
Now you should find a place where you store the Kpop items so that you fulfill both online and offline orders. Make sure you make a pretty list of them that attract the customers.
You can start a website and display all items with a good presentation so that even people can order Kpop items online because these people usually prefer buying online.
You can also open an offline store in a crowded city where you will able to see more K-pop fans than in rural areas.
4. Create an account on Social Media
The increasing number of internet users today opens up great opportunities for online sales. You must have an account on social media as a means to introduce the goods that you sell and the promotional activities that are carried out.
There are many ways you can create an online shop for your business to make it easier for customers who want to order and buy merchandise.
Also, you can social media to promote your products to reach more customers and increase your sales.
5. Innovation for Kpop Store Business
Continuous innovation is one of the keys to success in running this merchandise business. Get product insights from all that the K-Pop art is capable of. Use your insights when creating merchandise to get unique, interesting, and original products.
Fans will surely be delighted by what is innovative about these K-pop accessories. This will increase the selling value of your product because it is different from products sold on the market.
6. Register your Kpop Business
Registering your business is quite important so that you can run your business without any hindrance.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Pick a Business Name: Choose a cool and unique name for your K-pop store. Make sure it’s not already taken by another business.
- Fill Out Forms: There are some papers (forms) you need to fill out. They ask for details about your business, like its name and where it’s located.
- Pay Fees: You might need to pay some money (fees) to make everything official. It’s like getting a membership card for your business.
- Get a License: Think of it like getting a license to drive but for your business. It shows that you’re allowed to sell K-pop stuff.
- Follow the Rules: There are rules to follow when you have a business. These rules are there to make sure everything is fair and square.
Once you do these things, your K-pop business is all set to go! Now, you’re officially a part of the K-pop business family.
7. Join the Community
Be actively involved in the K-Pop special community. This activity aims to introduce your product to the wider community. You can also monitor the development of K-pop artists, including their concert schedules. Just so you know, selling merchandise when the artist is holding a concert can make a big profit.