Orientation In exchange for the word orientation in French, orientation means guiding. Orientation refers to all the methods used to get used to the new environment. Orientation is a training process that we often encounter in business life. It began to work with a new staff orientation training, attitudes and skills required for the workplace learning, knowledge acquisition in a short time-premises belonging aims to gain a sense. During this training process, it is ensured that the employee is supervised with both questions and information. The aim is both to study and to learn the job.
Orientation has an important role in the development of corporate culture and corporate memory. Orientation training is also practiced at the same time as document presentation. Orientation time varies according to the quality of the job and the position. It is usually carried out for 2 weeks — 6 months.
Orientation Management Process
Orientation management process is important. Institutions search for candidates and select the most suitable candidate for the institution in this process. As a result of long efforts, you do not want to lose when you find a candidate suitable for the position you are looking for. For this reason, there are some important points to manage the process well. Let’s examine them together.
- You must prepare all the equipment that the staff will need. These are important needs such as workspace, computer, mail address, business card. Preparing a welcome text to motivate the employee or leaving a tiny gift on the desk will both motivate and the institutional impression will be positive.
- You should share the position, past experiences and responsibilities of the new staff with the employees of the institution. This helps communication to start properly for both parties.
- It would be nice to make the first day you start working in the institution pleasant. This will make him feel valuable from the very first moment and view the corporate culture positively. It should not be forgotten that motivation is very important for a workplace. It helps to increase efficiency.
- You should organize an orientation that describes what your organization has done in the past, future goals, all its activities, policies. Orientation should be arranged so that all details are clearly understood.
- You should prepare an environment where new staff can meet all the employees of the institution.
- You should inform about the rules and discipline elements arranged for the institution.
- You should organize the orientation program that is suitable for the position of the new staff in the institution. The orientation of each position cannot be the same. It should be organized in a plan and as a program that contains all the rules and topics, where you will learn the requirements of your position.
- It should ensure that the newly started staff spend time in every department of the institution and thus, it should have the opportunity to observe.
- You should convey the institution’s expectations from the staff’s position in a clear way. The job description should be described in a way that will clearly understand who or who to work with, reporting processes and responsibilities.
- You should not behave impatiently and impatiently since the day the business started. Each employee will need time to get used to the new environment for a certain period of time.
- You should take a clear attitude that you will support communication and support in all matters during the institution and recruitment process.
- After starting in the institution, you should ask whether he / she needs support in intervals and request feedback from the manager.
Requirements for Orientation Training
Orientation refers to the process of adapting the institution to the institution as soon as possible and learning all the things that need to be known within the organization as soon as possible. What are the things that should be included in orientation education, let’s examine.
- Corporate trip; personnel should be introduced to all departments within the institution, the environment in which they will work, dining hall, assistants, meeting rooms, rest and break areas, management building or floor, fire exit, first aid room. You will need; needs such as photocopy, fax, parking areas should be shown.
- Administration; The personnel should be provided with the finest details about the services provided, job description, responsibilities of the department, report processing, career opportunities, meeting processes, projects, training processes.
- Institutional policies; Information should be given about working hours, salary days, hike periods, awards, corporate mission and vision. The company’s organizational structure, production processes, recruitment and termination policies, business ethics and trade union rights should be informed.
- Rules; Information should be given about permit rights, clothing rules, parking conditions, mail address usage rules, special days and free days
- Environment; After the details of the orientation training are clear, the time to be allocated to the program and the program implementers should be determined and the most suitable place and environment for the training should be created.
What are the Advantages of Orientation?
One of the biggest problems of many new staff is that they encounter sudden information uploads. In addition, being in the management flow is a continuous situation. The orientation plan created by considering all important details ensures that they have a general idea. Thanks to successful and well-managed orientation training, employees do not have difficulty in feeling themselves belonging to the institution. This allows them to get used to it quickly and to feel itself as part of the institution. Each step taken with the personnel affects the efficiency of the institution.
Another benefit of the orientation training is to reduce the possibility of making mistakes in the face of the workload faced by the staff. Orientation training makes staff new to the organization ready for work. They know who they can get help and guidance whenever they want. This also ensures that they do not experience self-confidence in the business environment. Highly motivated, self-confident employees work more confidently and make fewer mistakes. This contributes greatly to the efficiency of the institution.
Orientation training allows them to gain a sense of belonging quickly, as they will have good effects on employees. An important point to remember is that, thanks to the sense of belonging, institutions make people believe that they support their goals and career development. In such cases, the employee of the institution determines the long-term goal of working in the same institution. Establishing an effective organizational training, the institutions continue their way with the best performing employees in the long run.
Orientation training is seen as one of the important steps that will ensure that the successful employees trained by the institutions are within their organization for many years.
What is orientation?
Orientation is a training process that we often encounter in business life. With the orientation training, it is aimed that the personnel who start a new job learn the attitudes and skills required by the business environment and gain the sense of belonging within the company. During this training process, it is ensured that the employee is audited with both questions and information.
What should be considered in the orientation management process?
You should prepare an environment where new staff can meet all the employees of the institution. You should inform about the rules and discipline elements arranged for the institution. You should organize the orientation program that is suitable for the position of the new staff in the institution.
What are the advantages of orientation?
Thanks to successful and well-managed orientation training, employees do not have difficulty in feeling belonging to the institution. Orientation training prepares newly recruited staff for work and recognizes people who can get help and guidance whenever they want. Establishing an effective organizational training, the institutions continue their way with the employees who have the best performance in the long run.
Before you leave read out these interesting articles:
- Agricultural Business Management: Definition, Characteristics, Objectives and Process
- Risk Management: Functions, Process, Objectives and Importance
Thanks for reading this article on Orientation.