A beginner always looks for how to do SEO, how to promote your blog and how to increase for free. In this article, I will be talking about how you can increase traffic on your blog and promote your blog with proper SEO.
Most people like to know how to do SEO or how to make a blog SEO friendly. I have seen that most among didn’t know SEO properly in the beginning. Before I will tell you how to promote your blog and increase traffic for free. But before that, you have to learn SEO basics.
One thing I noticed is that whenever we want to know something, then we use Google to know about it. When we do the same, we can see millions of results in quantity, but the best of them is the first place in the search engine.
Now the question arises that how Google or another search engine knows that this content has the proper answer to which it should be kept in the first place. This is where the concept of search engine optimization comes from. This is SEO (Search Engine Optimization) that places your site’s pages in Google’s rank.
If this is the case then how to do SEO? This means how SEO is done so that we can rank our blog articles on Google’s first page.
If you have any questions related to how to do SEO then today’s article is going to be full of information for you. So stay with us till the end and get complete information about SEO. Then let’s begin without delay.
By performing proper SEO you can increase your website traffic and promote your blog without sharing your blog on social media sites.
What is SEO (Search Engine Optimisation)?
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is a process that you can improve the rank search engine of your blog articles.
Google displays the links in our search results, which they consider to be good content and have more authority than others.
Authority means how many pages are connected with the link of that top page. The more pages will be associated with it, the more authority that page will be.
Read also: How to create a Free Website or a Blog?
SEO increases the visibility of any brand in organic search results. With this, the brand receives a good exposure, with its article rank above the SERPs. The more visitors come to them, the chances of getting more conversions increase.
How Do Search Engines Know Which Page Should Be Ranked?
Search engines have only one purpose. Their purpose is to give users the best answer to their question.
Whenever you use them, their algorithms choose the same pages that are more relevant to your question. And then they rank them, later they are displayed in the pages of the top.
To choose the right information for users. Search engines primarily analyze two things:
- The first is the Relevancy between Search Query and the content of the page.
- The second one is Page Authority.
For relevancy, search engine accesses it from other factors such as topics or keywords.
The Authority is measured according to the popularity of the website. Google estimates that as much as any page or resource will be on the Internet then there will be as much good content as it would for readers.
They use these search engines complex equations to analyze all these things, which are called Search Algorithms.
Search engines always want to keep their algorithms secret. But over time SEOs have learned about some of the ranking factors that allow you to rank a page in search engine.
These tips are also called SEO strategies. By using which you can rank your article.
How to do SEO (Search Engine Optimisation)?
If you want to learn how to do SEO then before that you have to know about different types of SEO. By going somewhere you can become capable of doing it correctly.
Types of SEO (Search Engine Optimisation)?
Well, there are many types of SEO, but three of them are mainly given more importance.
- On Page SEO
- Off Page SEO
- Technical SEO
1. On-page SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
In this type of optimization, more attention is given above the page. This optimization is entirely in our control. There are some things that come up like:
- A) High-quality, keyword-rich content preparation.
- B) Also optimize HTML, under which title tags, Meta descriptions, and subheads, etc.
2. Off-page (Search Engine Optimization)
This type of optimization is done outside the page. There are some things like back-links, page ranks, bounce rates, etc.
3. Technical SEO (Search Engine Optimisation)
These are called Factors that affect the technical aspects of the website. Such as page load speed, navigable sitemap, AMP, mobile screen display, etc. It is very important to optimize them properly because they also affect your page ranking.
How to Do On-Page SEO (Search Engine Optimisation)?
On-page factors are those factors that are linked to the elements of your website. On-page factors include technical set-up – the quality of your code – textual and visual content, as well as your site’s user-friendliness.
We should understand that on-page techniques are those that are implemented on the website to increase the performance and visibility of the website.
Now let us know about some common on-page techniques: –
- Meta Title: It describes your website with the help of the main keywords and should be between 55-60 characters.
- Meta Description: This helps to define the website. Each page on the website should have a unique Meta description. Which helps site links to automatically show them in SERPs.
- Image Alt Tags: There are images in every website but google does not understand them, so with the image we should also provide an alternative text so that the search engine can easily understand them.
- Header Tags: These are very important, together they have a big contribution to categorizing the entire page properly. H1, H2, etc.
- Sitemap: Sitemap is used to crawl the website pages so that Google spider can easily crawl your pages and index them. There are many different sitemaps such as sitemap.xml, sitemap.html, ror.xml, a news sitemap, videos sitemap, image sitemap, urllist.txt, etc.
- Robots.txt: This is very important for indexing your website in Google. Websites that contain robot.txt are indexed soon.
- Internal Linking: Interlinking is very important in navigating pages easily between pages.
- Anchor text: Both your anchor text and URL should match with each other, it facilitates rank.
- URL Structure: Your website’s URL structure should be fine, it should also be SEO-friendly so that it can be easily ranked. Together, each URL should have a targeted keyword that means you should match your URL.
- Mobile-friendly: Try to make your website mobile-friendly because people often use mobile today to use the internet.
How to do Off-Page SEO (Search Engine Optimisation)?
On the other hand, off-page factors, such as links from other websites, attention of social media and other marketing activities, which are different from your website. In this, you have to give more than the solutions to quality backlinks so that you can increase the authority of your website.
One thing you need to understand here is that off-page does not just mean link building but it also emphasizes this fresh content, the more and the better content you provide to your audience, your Google ranking will increase. It includes:
If you have more fresh content on your website, then Google will allow more for fresh content to always crawl your website. Together your content should be meaningful so that it can provide the right value to your target audience.
Selection of the right keywords is very important to rank in SERPs. You should optimize these keywords with content so that keyword stuffing is not a threat and your articles are all rank.
How can we forget the long tail keywords when it comes to the words? Because it is not easy to rank in the short keyword, therefore in this place you can use long tail keywords so that it can be easy to rank.
4. LSI Keywords:
LSI keywords are those that are very similar to the main keywords. If you use these LSI keywords, then the viewers can easily access your content when they are searching for a particular keyword.
5. Broken links:
These links should throw off as far as possible. Otherwise, it provides a bad impression.
6. Guest Blogging:
This is a great way to make do-follow backlinks. This allows bloggers to get paid.
This allows you to visually show your content to your viewers, which makes them more understandable. Together they can also share them.
I hope you have liked an article on how to do and increase traffic on your blog. This also helps in promoting articles. This is always my endeavor that readers should be given full information about SEO so that they do not need to find any other sites on the internet for how to do SEO?
If you have any question regarding how to do SEO, how to promote Blog and how to increase traffic on your blog, please feel free to tell us in the comments section below.